Grow Your Own: How To Be An Urban Farmer - Angus Stewart & Simon Leake
All the expert information and techniques you need to grow your own edible plants in the city.
Urban environments require specific techniques to optimise growing conditions for plants. Two leading experts in horticulture and soil science teach the reader how to grow their own food-from the ground up-in this authoritative, accessible, generously photographed guide.
Grow Your Own provides simple step-by-step methods and information enabling the average city dweller to grow food plants at whatever scale their time and resources permit and no matter their location, be it suburban backyard or apartment balcony.
Some of the many topics covered include: creating the best environment for growing (influenced by water/temperature/light/air quality), setting up the soil; fertilisers, compost and worm farms; choosing crops (annual/perennial/heirloom/modern); propagation, planting and maintenance; pest and disease management; seed saving; rooftop spaces and vertical gardens; and integrated urban farming including bees and poultry.
Dimensions: 26.5 x 20.5cm
flat rate shipping
- We offer $10 flat rate shipping on all orders within Australia.
- Please contact us for a shipping quote.
- Spend $100 and shipping is FREE!
- For a limited time we are offering free local delivery in the following areas:
2026 | bondi beach | north bondi | tamarama
2022 | bondi junction | queens park
2023 | bellevue hill
2024 | bronte | waverley
2025 | woollahra
2028 | double bay
2029 | rose bay
2030 | dover heights | rose bay north | vaucluse
2031 | clovelly | randwick
2034 | coogee
^select free local delivery at checkout #yourewelcome x
free click & collect
- Free click & collect service from our Bondi Beach store available Monday to Friday (except public holidays). Select the pick up option during checkout and you’ll receive a notification when it’s ready, usually within 24 hours.